T: 023 9231 2052
Tim is a Director and Head of the Marine department specialising in marine and admiralty law.
He specialises in all aspects of the law relating to pleasure vessels and is recognised as one of the foremost experts in the field, addressing a vast range of issues from contractual to technical, via the statutory and occasionally bizarre.
Practising internationally, Tim represents owners, insurers, boatyards and high profile marine organisations, as well as those buying or selling their boats.
After working for brief periods as a boat builder, yacht chandler and professional sailor, he went on to study Admiralty Law at the University of Wales in Cardiff where he obtained his law degree. He is a member of the Royal Yachting Association and the British Marine Federation.
- Technical construction disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Marine conveyancing
- Title disputes
- Salvage and towage
- Recreational Craft Directive / Maritime and Coastguard Agency compliance
- Marine related personal injury and fatalities
- Buying Overseas: five things to consider along the way
- Certified document copies and their limitations
- Foreign transactions and brokers: buyer (and seller) beware
- Harbour Rights: a major factor in the value of your home
- Surveyors: are your marine valuations putting you at risk?
- Frustration or Registration
- Boats and Wills
- Storm Warnings
- Deposits: remember to check the small print
- Have your yard safety procedures kept pace with modern handling?
- Modified purchase paperwork: are there unintended consequences?
- Wide beam barge blues
- Build Supervision – going the extra mile
- In Praise of Pilots
- The Marine Accident Investigation Branch has just released the most recent report relating to a Carbon Monoxide Poisoning event
- Brexit and the Boatbuilding Industry in the UK
- Brexit and the Yachtsman
- Storm Warnings